Songwriters Hall of Fame Inductee Sylvia Moy’s Masterpiece Sound Studios Detroit Announces First Cover Song Contest
Detroit, Michigan – – Legendary Motown songwriter and record producer Masterpiece Sound Studios by Sylvia Moy (Masterpiece) is launching a cover song contest in partnership with Sony Music Publishing (SMP). This is a competition open to any individual or independent singer, musician, vocal group, or amateur group from any of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico.
Here’s how to enter:
- Select one of these great designated songs: My baby loves me, nothing is too good for my baby, I was made to love her, ain’t asking for trouble, it must be a miracle, heaven sent you (I know), I still love you, you You made me so happy, a lot of shaking in my heart, which side is the sky
- Cover it in any of these 10 genres: Classic Motown, R&B, Country, Latin Rhythm, Native American, Middle Eastern Rhythmic, Hip-Hop/Rap, Jazz, J-pop/K-pop, and Reggae/Dance/Afrobeats .
- No entrance fees is required.
- The format for submissions, these are .mp4 or .mov (Apple) video files
- The entry form and contest updates are available at: https://www.masterpiecesoundstudios.com/coversongcontest/
All entries will first be reviewed by professional songwriters, recording artists, record producers, arrangers and/or Masterpiece Sound Studios representatives. A jury will then select 10 finalists who will have the opportunity to perform their winning performances in a grand finale at the Soundboard Theater at Motor City Casino on October 11, 2022. Three lucky winners of the Cover Song competition will take home Cash Awards, represented by SMP from their master record for sync opportunities. The showcase will also be available after the Grand Finals showcase on Masterpiece’s YouTube channel and other social media networks, on demand, and shared with the contest’s media sponsors for wider redistribution. Go to www.masterpiecesoundstudios.com/coversongcontest to participate and stay informed about the competition selection process.
“The Cover Song Contest is a perfect opportunity to promote and preserve the legacy and mission of our sister, Sylvia Moy, by reintroducing these iconic Motown songs and celebrating the extraordinarily talented songwriters who wrote them” , said Masterpiece co-lead Celeste M. Moy. “Sony Music Publishing is delighted to highlight the contributions of our songwriters through the unique Masterpiece Cover Song Contest,” said Liz Lewis, senior vice president of catalog development.
Masterpiece is Detroit’s state-of-the-art commercial AV recording studio, founded by the late Sylvia Moy. She was an extraordinary songwriter and artist who was honored many times over the years and inducted into the Songwriters Hall of Fame. She has the distinction of being the first woman in Detroit to build a commercial recording studio. Sylvia Moy is loved in the music industry around the world for paving the way for future generations of producers and engineers who have followed in her footsteps.
Today, Masterpiece Sound Studios is a premier recording facility and industry destination. It has been recently renovated and fully equipped with the latest state-of-the-art technology.