Ocala Civic Theater to Celebrate Legendary Composers with “Coming Back Like a Song”
An upcoming play at the Ocala Civic Theater will transport audiences to a Manhattan apartment on Christmas Eve 1956.
“Coming Back Like a Song” is based on the real connection between three legendary composers: Irving Berlin, Harold Arlen and Jimmy Van Heusen. In an elegant apartment on Christmas Eve, these songwriters will gather around the piano as they share many martinis, as well as their hopes, dreams and worries about the future of music with rock ‘n’ roll around the corner, according to Ocala Civic Theater.
Performances begin at 7:30 p.m. on Thursday, December 1 at the Ocala Civic Theater, located at 4337 E Silver Springs Boulevard. Additional performances will also take place on the following dates:
- Friday, December 2 at 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday December 3 at 2 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
- Sunday December 4 at 2 p.m.
- Thursday, December 8 at 7:30 p.m.
- Friday, December 9 at 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday December 10 at 2 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
- Sunday December 11 at 2 p.m.
- Thursday, December 15 at 7:30 p.m. (Performance in American Sign Language – contact the box office to reserve an ASL area if needed).
- Friday, December 16 at 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday December 17 at 2 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
- Sunday December 18 at 2 p.m.
Tickets are $30 for adults (19 and older) and $15 for 18 and under. Ocala Civic Theater states that the show is not suggested for children due to the use of “rather colorful language”.
For more information or to buy tickets, go to Ocala Civic Theater website.