Fiesta Jam 2022 a showcase of songwriters
Party Jam at Old Oak Square in downtown Marble Falls on October 1 will feature the music and stories of several successful songwriters from Nashville and Texas.
Legendary artists such as George Strait, Dwight Yoakum and Reba McEntire – to name a few – have recorded hits by these songwriters, so you’ll definitely be singing alongside them.
The range is:
- Costas – The Nashville Songwriters Hall of Fame has written hits for Patty Loveless, Dwight Yoakum, George Strait, Travis Tritt and The Chicks.
- darling helene – The Grammy-nominated songwriter has had songs recorded by Jo Dee Messina with Tim McGraw, Reba McEntire and Little Big Town and has recorded herself with Garth Brooks, Lee Roy Parnell and Delbert McClinton.
- Walt Wilkins – The Texas troubadour, songwriter, guitarist and producer has had songs recorded by Pat Green, Kenny Rogers, Ricky Skaggs, Josh Grider, Eric Church and Perfect Strangers and won International Bluegrass Song of the Year Music Association. Click on the link to broadcast his latest album “Pedernales”.
- Jean-Arthur Martinez – The singer-songwriter and international touring artist from the Highland Lakes was a finalist for the first season of ‘Nashville Star’ in 2003. He has had songs recorded by Alan Jackson, Flaco Jimenez and Raulo Malo.
- Mike Blakeley — Author of more than 20 books, including novels co-written with Willie Nelson and Kenny Rogers, Blakely has had songs recorded by Alan Jackson, Cody Johnson, Gary P. Nunn, Red Steagall, Johnny Rodriguez and Johnny Bush. It also won a Spur Award for Best Western Novel. He and Martinez often perform together at Highland Lakes venues.
A limited number of Fiesta Jam tickets are $40 each. A question-and-answer session with the artists begins at 7 p.m. Music follows at 7:30 p.m. Food and beverages will be available at the event. Old Oak Square is located at Main and Third streets in historic downtown Marble Falls, adjacent to lots of shops and restaurants.
Find more articles like this in 101 News