Top 10 Athlete Songwriters
Growing up, I wasn’t very good at it. I took piano lessons, played the trumpet in the school orchestra. I was so at once. I also played basketball. In college, I was one of the last guys to come off the bench. In high school, it was a better story. But I wasn’t Grant Hill or Bobby Hurley.
That’s why, when I hear today about people who excel in both music and sport, I know that deserves to be celebrated. How can one person be world class in two (or more) endeavors? Although this may seem unfair, it is certainly something worth observing and appreciating.
Let’s take a look at the top sports musicians and songwriters here. Who are these people who are accomplished in one field only to jump into another and soar there too? Without further ado, here are the best sports songwriters-musicians.
1. Damian Lillard (Rapper, NBA All-Star)
2. Shaquille O’Neal (Rapper, NBA All-Star)
3. Bernie Williams (guitarist, MLB All-Star)
4. Henrik Lundqvist (guitarist, NHL goaltender)
5. John Daly (guitarist, professional golfer)
6. Jack McDowell (guitarist, MLB pitcher)
7. Alexi Lalas (guitarist, soccer world cup star)
8. Shaun White (Frontman, Olympic Snowboarder)
9. John McEnroe (Frontman, professional tennis player)
10. Wayman Tisdale (Guitarist, NBA All-Star)