Evening singing service at Reading Church to present Ukrainian folk songs
• Christ Episcopal Church, 435 Court Street, Reading, will feature David Cullen himself in an evening caroling service of Ukrainian folk songs translated into English today at 5.30pm. Masks are optional. Parking is available at the Abe Lincoln Hotel parking lot and the M&T Bank parking lot, both adjacent to Washington St. Parking is also available adjacent to the church on Court St. for those with disabilities or who require assistance. ‘aid. On Sunday morning, three in-person worship services will be held, all including the Holy Eucharist: at 8 a.m., a so-called service (without music); at 9 am, a service for families with young children; and at 10:30 a.m., a service with music. The masking and parking information above applies. To join the live stream or access the Centering Prayer Zoom link, go to rdgchristchurch.org. On Thursday at 11 a.m., a morning prayer service from the Book of Common Prayer will be held in the recreation area of the red bridge, 2141, route de Tulpehocken, canton of Bern.
• The Reformation Lutheran Church, 3670 Perkiomen Avenue, Exeter Township, will hold in-person worship on Sundays at 8.30am and 10.30am. Masks are optional. The 10:30 a.m. service will be streamed live on Facebook and can be viewed at www.Reformationlutheran.org under worship videos. More than 90 quilts, made by members of the Reformation Quilters, will be blessed and then sent to Lutheran World Relief. This ministry has tied over 1,460 quilts for distribution worldwide. During the 9:30 a.m. Sunday school hour, students will help design several quilt tops and also help assemble and tie a quilt.
• Christ Lutheran Church, 222 Niantic Road, Barto, will worship on Sundays at 9 a.m. to celebrate Church Music Sunday. The Handbell and Senior choirs as well as a brass quintet will provide special music. Coffee and conversation will be at 8:30 a.m. at the Visitor Center and again after worship. Adult Sunday School will be at 10:15 a.m. in the parlor. The Confirmation class will meet in Room E at 10:15 a.m.
• Zion and St. Paul’s United Church of Christ will worship together in person at 301 W. Penn Ave., Robesonia, at 10:15 a.m. Sunday, along with Holy Communion, as well as via YouTube and phone. Details can be found at 1zion.org or sprucc.org. Christian mothers and families will be honored. A women’s luncheon is scheduled for Thursday at noon at Country Fare in Myerstown, Lebanon County. Call 610-659-2775 to make a reservation.
• St. John’s Lutheran Church, 4125 Penn Ave., Sinking Spring, will hold an in-person service Sunday at 9 am, with Holy Communion and special music. Masks are optional. The service will also be streamed live on Facebook. Sunday School meets at 10:15 a.m. in the Fellowship Hall.
• Schwarzwald Lutheran Church, 250 Church Lane Road, Exeter Township, will hold in-person worship on Sunday at 10.30am. The registered services will be available the next day on Facebook.
• Schwarzwald United Church of Christ, 75 Church Lane Road, Exeter Township, will hold an in-person and Zoom service on Sunday at 10.30am. It will also be available on YouTube. For more information, visit www.schwarzwalduc-pa.org.
• St. John’s Lutheran Church, 45 N. Reading Ave., Boyertown, will hold worship Sunday at 9:30 am Livestreamed worship continues on YouTube (St. John’s ELC Boyertown). Sunday school for children is at 9:30 a.m. — register at www.stjohnsboyertown.org. Free drive-thru, take-out meals every Saturday from 4:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. No registration necessary.
• Bern Reformed United Church of Christ, 3196 Bernville Road, Bern Township, offers live worship on Sundays at 9:30 am, or join in from your vehicle via FM 87.9 or Facebook.
• Grace Lutheran Church, 30 Liberty St., Shillington, will hold a Holy Communion service with a special piano prelude and music by the Senior and Handbell Choirs in person on Sunday at 9.30am and online at 11.45am at graceshillington.org. Adult Sunday School is at 8:45 a.m., Children’s Sunday School at 9:30 a.m. and there will be a fellowship gathering after worship.
• St. Paul’s United Church of Christ, 5 W. Arch St., Fleetwood, will have two worship services in the sanctuary on Sunday, at 9 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. The 9 a.m. service will also be available on Facebook and YouTube; links can be found at www.stpaulsfleetwood.org. The special music at 9 a.m. will be “Allegretto”, an organ solo by Tina Koch, and at 10:30 a.m. “Halle, Halle” by the Chœur du Chancel. Worship leaders will be Rachel Eberly at 9 a.m. and Jim Goldman at 10:30 a.m.
• Kissinger Church, 715 Berkshire Blvd., Wyomissing, will hold an hour of prayer Wednesday from 4-5 p.m. The public is invited to attend to submit prayer requests and pray for others.
• Maidencreek Church, 261 Main Street, Township of Maidencreek, will hold a hybrid service Sunday at 9 am. Special music includes the Bell Choir prelude, the Youth Chimes hymn, the Senior Choir hymn, David Haas’ organ postlude, and two congregational hymns. The in-person worship is streamed live on Facebook and YouTube. Links can be found at maidencreekchurch.org.
Comments are closed.